1 day ago
"we elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup."~buddy
Buddy the elf came to visit Meadowlark for lunch. Mrs. Jessie, Noah Carrillo, Austin Lee, Jove Patterson, Luis Espinoza, Trevor Feurt, Odin Johnson, Aiden Chairez, and Nathaniel Ashing.
Book Fair Dates and Times
Tue 11/19, 8:00-3:45
Wed 11/20, 8:00-3:45
Thu 11/21, 8:00-7:00
Fri 11/22, 8:00-1:00
Check out our Walk-A-Thon prizes! The Meadowlark PTO provides funds for school activities and is looking to raise $15,000 as a goal for this year. Ask friends and family to contribute to your school and you could earn the prizes pictured, plus the top 20 earners from each grade will take a field trip to The Summit in Windsor, CO.
Saturday, October 5
Johnson Junior High School
Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. Race begins at 9:00 a.m.
The Cheyenne Schools Foundation is committed to enhancing the education provided by Laramie County School District #1. The Foundation’s Student Enrichment Grant Program and the Excellence in Education Grant Program go directly to classroom teachers to fund innovative approaches to assist student learning. Your support and participation is greatly appreciated. The funds raised by this event will have a positive impact on the education provided by Cheyenne’s public schools this school year.
Help our Meadowlark PTO raise money to provide family activities, events, and school enhancements. October 4 we will be walking and moving for 20 minutes, about the equivalent of 1 mile.
9:00 – 9:20 Alps
9:30 – 9:50 Himalayas
10:00 – 10:20 Big Horn
10:30 – 10:50 Tetons
Rachel's Challenge Assembly September 12 6:30-7:30
Rachel’s Challenge exists to equip and inspire individuals to replace acts of violence, bullying, and negativity with acts of respect, kindness, and compassion. Rachel’s Challenge is based on the life and writings of Rachel Joy Scott who was the first victim of the Columbine school shootings in 1999. Through her example, Rachel’s Challenge is making a positive impact in the lives of millions of people every year.
Wednesday, Sept. 4th for 6th grade from 6:00-7:00.
Thursday, Sept. 5th for 5th grade from 6:00-7:00.
5th Grade 8:00-9:00.
6th Grade 9:30-10:30.
eagle scout project.
Mikhail, a former Meadowlark student, donated this flag as a part of his Eagle Scout project. The students really enjoy having the flag apart of Meadowlark's playground. Thank you Mikhail!
received the following awards at the Wyoming State Science Fair:
1. Water Award from the Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association
2. Geoscience Excellence from the Association for Women Geoscientists
3. Bill Barlow Memorial Youth in Conservation Award from the Powder River Basin Resource Council
4. Natural Resources Conservation Award from the Laramie Rivers Conservation District
5. University of Wyoming Geology Department Award
6. University of Wyoming Geology Museum Award
80's day at meadowlark.
Another successful, sunny day for our annual
Meadowlark PTO Walk-A-Thon.
Cleo parker Robinson dance company
Meadowlark Flyers got a sneak peak from the Cleo Robinson Dance company that will be performing on Friday, September 14, at the Cheyenne Civic Center. You can purchase tickets at www.balletwyoming.com.
Mr. McIlvain's class masks
fun scooter soccer in P.E. at meadowlark.
The PTO and the staff at Meadowlark have purchased a new cabinet for the school store. Meadowlark students are earning Flyer Tickets for being safe, respectful and/or responsible to purchase items from the store. We are halfway to our goal of earning 10,000 tickets toward earning a talent show for our school. Go Flyers!
Wings of Wyoming
Girls on the Run.
Girls from Meadowlark completed a 5K on November 18th.
2017-2018 5th and 6th grade Meadowlark Flyers forming an E for the second year of our annual picture.
* Emergency Information: It is very important to keep your child's information updated. If you have any changes to your address, phone numbers or emergency contact please let the office know.
* If your child has a morning appointment it is important for you to call the office by 9:00AM to ensure that your child gets to choose their lunch item. It is very important for your child to check in at the office if they arrive after classes have begun.