PRINCIPAL'S PAGE - Updated April 4, 2020
Greetings Meadowlark Families -
The LCSD #1 Adapted Learning Plan was recently approved by the Wyoming Department of Education. This officially marks the beginning of our Remote Learning Plan at our school due to the closure of schools in light of the Corona Virus Epidemic. However, we have been anticipating this since March 13th and began putting together pieces of a remote learning plan due to the closure of schools across Wyoming in mid-March. Below are phases that have taken place and forthcoming steps. You will receive a handout that will outline the process beginning on April 6th, 2020.
Phase 1 Essentials (Week of Mar. 16-20)
· Parents were contacted and given opportunities to retrieve essential items such as medications, heavy winter coats, and glasses.
Phase 2 Re-connection Week/Essential Materials/Tools (Week of Mar. 23-27)
· Teachers reestablished lines of communication with families to identify the most effective methods of communication.
· Parents retrieve materials, and essential supplies.
Phase 3 Remote Learning (Beginning Apr. 6)
read the Meadowlark Remote Learning Plan found in the link on our front page.
· E-learning: Please follow your teacher’s online instruction. The lessons will be content specific in ELA and Math with some integrated science and social studies content when applicable.
· Paper Packet Learning: If online learning is not possible in your situation, please complete paper packets provided for each grade level.
· To avoid any confusion, only the parents of students without access to online leaning need to collect and return learning packets as described above. If your student has online learning access, please follow teacher instructions through e-learning methods.
· Student materials that were not retrieved prior to April 6th will be available from the hours of 8 AM – 12 PM on Monday – Thursdays.
· Further communication will continue to be shared from our teachers, school and district through the following means:
o www.laramie1.org (1-way communication)
o www.meadowlark.laramie1.org (1-way communication)
o Remind App messenger (2-way communication)
o Infinite Campus email messenger (2-way communication)
o Paper Packets (2-way communication)
o Canvas (2-way communication)
o Direct phone calls (2-way communication)
If you need to visit with me, please reach out to my direct e-mail at email@example.com I will have office hours on Mon-Thurs. from 8:00-12:00 and will be able to reach back out to your contact through a variety of means. I will be holding weekly meetings with a variety of teams on my staff and can certainly communicate any needs to them.
Please be safe and continue to move forward under these circumstances. I know our team at Meadowlark has worked hard to lay the foundation for learning and has the best interest in educating your children during these difficult times.
Principal, Meadowlark Elementary